Wellspring Community Church
The Wellspring Community Church and Centre is situated off the lower end of the High Street on land previously occupied by Watford Springs and previous to that, Benskin's Brewery, now named Wellspring Way and describes itself as "an International church family in the heart of Watford". The church was established in 1951 as the Emmanuel Pentecostal Church, which was demolished for the Harlequin Centre and the congregation then went to a chapel building in Sotheron Road. Until 2010, they met in Watford Grammar School for Girls.
When the foundations for new church were being dug, a 15 metre industrial well was discovered, of pure water, that once fed the brewery.
After nearly 20 years of previously meeting at the Watford Girls Grammar School, the new building is now in use, not only as a church, but as a centre for the community offering a wide range of benefits and services to people of all ages and where the auditorium and training rooms can be used by businesses and charities and other community groups. It has a two-storey glass front and a spire. The window overlooking Watford Fields features a crosss created with stained glass panels. The auditorium seats about 170 people and there is a Fairtrade Cafe.
The Church's website says: "Just as a spring brings life to its surroundings, we want The Wellspring to be a life-giving Centre in the heart of the town that will draw people together, rebuild and strengthen relationships and equip people for every aspect of life".